CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Retirement is over Cesil (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15270)

cslsuperfan 31-07-2019 10:28 PM

Paul

looking forward to the progress

:thumbs:

rstoughy 01-08-2019 06:37 AM

Chad,
Its going to be kept fairly standard. It already has AP's and an exhaust and if I'm being totally honest that's fine for this car. I have the race car to chuck full on modifications at so will be happy if this ends up back as a nice weekend / odd track day car.
I'll throw a clutch / flywheel and a set of big end bearings in while its in this state of disrepair though. (already had the HG done under warranty)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 205401)
Great to see some proper csl work , getting bored reading about keyrings ::smokin: will it be kept standard or some really nice stuff happening Any engine work planned etc :thumbs:

Chad 01-08-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoughy (Post 205406)
Chad,
Its going to be kept fairly standard. It already has AP's and an exhaust and if I'm being totally honest that's fine for this car. I have the race car to chuck full on modifications at so will be happy if this ends up back as a nice weekend / odd track day car.
I'll throw a clutch / flywheel and a set of big end bearings in while its in this state of disrepair though. (already had the HG done under warranty)

Would love to have the use of a car lift, must make job so much easier,, I’m in the process of building a fully stripped 46 m3 car , what’s your view regarding brake upgrades, do you believe they really needed Trackday fun only, But I do fancy the idea of some adjustable shocks, any recommendations

rstoughy 01-08-2019 09:53 AM

Totally depends on which circuits you are going to.
I have a friend who ran his E46 M3 for a very long time on CSL front brakes / Std rear brakes. He had RS29 pads, good fluid, braided hoses and brake cooling. Only shorter circuits would give him problems as not enough space between braking zones to get the discs back down in temperature. The ring for example was fine and he could do sub 8min with this set up.

I use Intrax 1K2 on the race car and they are fantastic. perfect for my limited ability on suspension set up, I think with anything more then Id be in a world of pain at a race meeting twiddling knobs unaware of what i was actually doing :bigcry: :hahaha:

KW do some pretty good stuff and are equally on par with a lot of higher end set ups. Worth serious consideration if you are looking at kits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 205407)
Would love to have the use of a car lift, must make job so much easier,, I’m in the process of building a fully stripped 46 m3 car , what’s your view regarding brake upgrades, do you believe they really needed Trackday fun only, But I do fancy the idea of some adjustable shocks, any recommendations

Trawler 01-08-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 205401)
Great to see some proper csl work , getting bored reading about keyrings ::smokin: will it be kept standard or some really nice stuff happening Any engine work planned etc :thumbs:

And what's wrong talking about key rings? :hahaha: I've just bought one :blalalala:

On a more practical note what if any preventive maintenance is worthwhile? Lots of talk about head casket, bearings, etc. Probably a new thread on preventive maintenance might be an idea. Thought about sending the oil off for analysis. I understand this should indicate bearing wear.

Chad 01-08-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawler (Post 205409)
And what's wrong talking about key rings? :hahaha: I've just bought one :blalalala:

On a more practical note what if any preventive maintenance is worthwhile? Lots of talk about head casket, bearings, etc. Probably a new thread on preventive maintenance might be an idea. Thought about sending the oil off for analysis. I understand this should indicate bearing wear.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a csl key ring, we should all have one :smokin: personally I never stop maintaining car, nothing better to do:whistle: Never have enough work theses days, to much time on my hands.. as for preventative as I’ve posted on here. Rust points to me is one of the main things to don’t let take hold,, almost everything else can be unbolted and changed, When my head gasket went I didn’t really notice,, just didn’t feel quite right,, compression test confirmed it for me .. 68k mileage so did shells and rings while at it,, diy job for me fortunately,, so under £1k. :smokin:

Chad 01-08-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoughy (Post 205408)
Totally depends on which circuits you are going to.
I have a friend who ran his E46 M3 for a very long time on CSL front brakes / Std rear brakes. He had RS29 pads, good fluid, braided hoses and brake cooling. Only shorter circuits would give him problems as not enough space between braking zones to get the discs back down in temperature. The ring for example was fine and he could do sub 7min with this set up.

I use Intrax 1K2 on the race car and they are fantastic. perfect for my limited ability on suspension set up, I think with anything more then Id be in a world of pain at a race meeting twiddling knobs unaware of what i was actually doing :bigcry: :hahaha:

KW do some pretty good stuff and are equally on par with a lot of higher end set ups. Worth serious consideration if you are looking at kits.

Thanks for feedback, I think std brake kit for now will be good enough then:thumbs: never know somebody may donate a free bbk :whistle: Ps it’s a bare silver shell at the moment,, and have named it micshell ! And After treatment body colour will be white :smokin:

outnumbered 01-08-2019 02:10 PM

I now have Garage Envy :thumbs:

Mike R 01-08-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 205402)
I know we all know what they look like, but get some pictures of her undercarriage , don’t mind if pictures are filthy :whistle:

With Photobucket no longer free, it's a bit of a mission to get photos uploaded now, as I have to down load them from my phone to the PC at work and then upload them to Imgur, which is a bit of a ballache :whistle:.

If you are young enough to have Instagram, the pics are on there :blalalala::gayfight:.

Trawler 01-08-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 205410)
Absolutely nothing wrong with a csl key ring, we should all have one :smokin: personally I never stop maintaining car, nothing better to do:whistle: Never have enough work theses days, to much time on my hands.. as for preventative as I’ve posted on here. Rust points to me is one of the main things to don’t let take hold,, almost everything else can be unbolted and changed, When my head gasket went I didn’t really notice,, just didn’t feel quite right,, compression test confirmed it for me .. 68k mileage so did shells and rings while at it,, diy job for me fortunately,, so under £1k. :smokin:

If we are not careful after key rings we will start taking about the colour of the seat stitching as per gt3 threads. :hahaha::hahaha:
I don't know which end of a screw driver to use so have to trust a friendly mechanic to keep cesil in good order. Always been of the mind if it's not broke leave well alone, but don't want to end up with a fooked engine.

Any thoughts on getting the engine oil analyiised?