CSL Register

CSL Register (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Destination Nurburgring July (http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7074)

northernjim 20-07-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce (Post 95403)
DynoRob.:whistle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 95405)
Tool. :birdman:

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...ck_T-Shirt.png

merell900 21-07-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnywb (Post 95379)
Just got back and absolutely exhausted. Another quick run back, but quite why there are always queues at the French side of the tunnel is beyond me. At least it gave me plenty of time to admire Titan's new toy on its trailer!

Here's some links to the photos i took on Monday. I've shrunk them down, so they shouldn't take too long to load. As i said to those of you i managed to meet, if you want any, just let me know and i'll email you the hi-res version.

(btw, i've not had the camera long and this was my first attempt at taking photos at a track, so they're a bit rough, but managed to get some advice from Jochen after a few beers on Tuesday night, so looking forward to the next trip!)

BMW Gallery;
BMW

Porsche Gallery;
Porsche

Other;
Others

Thanks for the pictures.
There are really good ones!!!:thumbs:

CATDT 21-07-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pip1968 (Post 95276)
Is bad weather stopping play again. It looked nice this morning/lunchtime.

Pip

I got a suntan Pip :thumbs: Only needed the brollies up in the car park at about 3.30/45 and it was in for the rest of the session.

Jo

DuncanR 21-07-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernjim (Post 95248)
unfortunately strewn like discarded fish and chip paper:bigcry: I didnt see the gt40 accident, but it was a pile up......

weather is actually good, a brief shower at lunch but the track was shut anyway, and by the time I'd queued for lunch it was dry and open again:beer:

It lashed down just as the evening tf opened, so I waited for an hour before taking Alex out, foxhole and bergwerk were the last places to dry out:smokin:

I was woken up by the gumpert boys cracking up one of there 3 cars outside my window at 6am this morning - better than birdsong anyday of the week!

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/photo-36.jpg

That Crumpet didnt look like that later on !!:whistle:

Pip1968 21-07-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CATDT (Post 95444)
I got a suntan Pip :thumbs: Only needed the brollies up in the car park at about 3.30/45 and it was in for the rest of the session.

Jo

Suntan, not enough driving Jo ;) .

Perhaps I should have taken your offer after all. It is just that it is a long way to go for just one day's driving and I think I would have struggled with accommodation. Possibly look at Touristfahrt at the end of the month if I am still around.

Were most running on Cups - CSLs can carry both but Porsche have to commit.

Pip

AlexGTT 23-07-2011 10:38 PM

Great trip chaps. Had much fun on and off track.:thumbs::beer: Sorry for late reply. Been hard at work since back.:bigcry:

Have a few vids on vbox so will put one or two up as soon as I figure out how.;) Can't wait to get back, August I hope.

Dunc, thanks for dinner in Comfy Corner. That was a great night with the Team Lotus boys. :beer: I owe you and the boy dinner next time.:thumbs:

Jim................get a CSL. NOW.;)

glendog74 23-07-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexGTT (Post 95635)

You're wasting your time Alex... :banghead::whistle:

rstoughy 24-07-2011 12:19 AM

Yep what a great few days. Nice to catch up with Dunc, Adam, Jim and Nick Johnson again and great to meet Shane and the crew, Alex, Kev, Craig, Grant and Johny. (along with a load of RS nuts from my Ford days as well)

Was a bit of a treck only getting in the door Thursday around 15:30 so been playing catch up since.
Car is all cleaned and put back to normal with it's road wheels on but has received a couple of battle scars. Lots of quite big chips out the paint and the dog got over excited when i got home and ran into the feckin door so that has a pretty big dent in it now :banghead: :hahaha:
Front wheels are needing stripped and re painted due to smoke damage, guess i over cooked the brakes a little :whistle:

Have some car park pics and plenty of vids from my near on 30 laps of the couple of days so will get them uploaded soon. The vbox vids seem to take an age to upload to youtube so will try from the office on monday and see if thats any quicker.

Only gripe of the whole trip was my warning light issue but I managed to work round that for the trip. Never done it on the road, only on track.

All in all a great few days of petrol fuelled fun and banter :thumbs: roll on the next time :smokin:

northernjim 24-07-2011 12:38 AM

Cheers for the Laps Paul:beer: great driving by the way, very smooth indeed:thumbs::thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexGTT (Post 95635)

After becoming ever more deeply indebted to Dunc:smt055:smt055:smt055:smt055:smt055 the argument is becoming even harder to resist.:bigcry: but.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendog74 (Post 95639)
You're wasting your time Alex... :banghead::whistle:

I still can't afford both, and you know project 8 mins isn't quite there yet!:bigcry:

glendog74 24-07-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernjim (Post 95643)

I still can't afford both, and you know project 8 mins isn't quite there yet!:bigcry:

I didn't know it was a 'project'... Just get it sold and buy a CSL with BBK and Cup tyres - then 8 mins will be there for the taking young sensei... :thumbs: :smokin: